Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Sunday 2 March 2014

Jean Jacket - Part One

I have a zip-up jean jacket that I want to embellish. I started by hanging the jacket in my sewing room.  It helps to look at a garment for a few days while I'm trying to figure out the design.  
 

 
I searched "jean jacket upcycle" on Pinterest to get some inspiration. 
 
I love the lace panel on this, and the way the seamstress cut away the denim underneath it.
This one is similar, with the addition of lace at the front yoke.
Fuschia crushed velvet - so luscious.
Love the lace trim at the bottom, and the layers of several kinds of lace.
This is not the direction I want to go for this project, but I love, love, love the huge double ruffle on this!
 

Okay, this is a journal cover, but I love the layers of lace and ribbon and embellishments. 

Time to rummage through my trims and beads, and to audition them on my jacket. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment