Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Monday 20 January 2014

A Small Project

Today I worked on a small project that will be part of my sewing studio.  I embellished the light switch/electrical covers. I couldn't decide on what technique to use, and didn't really want a matchy matchy look, so....

The electric covers got painted with pink craft paint, sprinkled with glitter and one was overlaid with lace.  Then they all got several coats of matte Mod Podge, being careful to keep the screw holes open. So two are sparkly pink, two are sparkly blue and silver.

The light switch cover and cable cover were covered with scrapbooking paper, and I am adding many coats of Mod Podge to seal them well.  I'm trying to let them dry several hours between coats, as the paper wants to bubble and buckle.

I am continuing to play with fabric dyeing - more photos to follow.  I'm also embellishing a china cabinet that will hold many of my threads and notions and patterns.

The furnace floor vents will also need to be repainted, since the bright white does NOT suit the dark laminate flooring.  The vents have been washed and roughed up with a scrub pad.  Then they will get a couple of coats of spray paint which is supposed to look like hammered "old gold" metal.

My husband is doing the big jobs like painting the walls, and installing the floor.  I will be pretty busy with all these "extra touches" like furniture and accessory painting.  I'm getting excited as I see this room starting to take shape - my Shabby Chic sewing room is a dream come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment