Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Monday 1 August 2011

Flooded basement and a block comes home


Well, last week was certainly eventful.   Our hot water tank developed a leak and I spent several days fighting a losing battle to keep the water from damaging anything.  All the flooring will need to be replaced, after the restoration company brings in fans and dehumidifiers to dry things up.  We had to remove everything from the basement, which forced us to declutter a lot of things that we should have gotten rid of ages ago.  In the end we'll have new flooring and an almost empty basement, but oh, the sore muscles from moving all that stuff......   Do you have homeowner's or renter's insurance with replacement cost of your contents?  Insurance is cheap when compared to not having it when "life happens".

Amid this stressful and busy week, my "Half and Half" round robin block arrived home.  Here is the burgundy and dark green block as I sent it out:  





And here's what it looks like now!







A couple of close ups - first feast your eyes on Ruby's silk ribbon work and a bias tube flower in the center.  I've never seen anything like it, and it adds so much dimension to the center of the block.
Lynn added lots of beads to the block - and I love beads and buttons!!

I photographed my hand in this picture so you could see the size of Amber's teeny perfect stitches in those bullion roses - I am blown away!

Thank you ladies, for your beautiful work on my block.  It came at the end of a very stressful week, and cheered me up immensely.  

I am hoping to get back to some stitching this week, and listing more items on eBay and my Etsy shop - reclamationtextiles.etsy.com  

See you soon, and happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your basement, but Im glad you had something to brighten your world at the end of the week. Keep on Sharing your lovelies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete