Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Tuesday 20 September 2011

More experiments

Last week I tried some new product ideas for my Etsy shop.  Click on any of the photos below for a larger image.





The original idea for this is to make a flag of Canada, with the maple leaf being crazy-quilted, to put on a tote bag or the back of a jean jacket.   This is a test run for the maple leaf.  It's a little wonky, but I think the idea could work.




This stack of fabrics is going to become patchwork yardage, and I'm going to cut out a loose shirt out of it. I'll be using the  #90 Shimmer Shirt pattern from Macphee Workshop.  This shirt will be just for me, since I'm not sure of the legalities of selling a shirt made from a commercial pattern.  Don't want to infringe on copyright laws!





These last two pictures are of a wedding ring pillow for My store .  The pillow will be customizable - you can add your wedding colours, or have an all-white or all-ivory pillow.  I'm not completely happy with the ruffle on this pillow, so I'll keep working on this idea before listing it.

So that's what I've been up to in the last week.  This week I hope to do a lot of decluttering in my house, and I need to finish writing an article for www.cqmagonline.com .  Not sure I'll have time for a lot of stitching, but I 'm sure to sneak in some....a girl's gotta have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment