Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Upcycled Vest

A productive afternoon = another Upcycled Vest!  This one started with a black pinstriped woman's vest.  Originally from Ricki's, I of course bought it at a thrift store.



I added a line of fuschia velvet ribbon that goes over one shoulder.  To this, I stitched handmade fabric flowers, embroidered wool felt leaves, and "vintage pearl" beads.  The beads were from a broken necklace bought at a thrift store - an excellent source for older and unusual beads.




So, that's another piece of clothing ready for the craft shows I will do this year.  I'm only planning 4 between now and Christmas, but I want to have lots of stock.  If the articles don't sell, at least they should draw people in to my table so that I can tell them about my alterations business.  And hopefully, I will get a good number of sales as well.

 

 
My next project - finish upcycling a little girl's jean jacket.  Another thrift store find that now has some major bling!  Stay tuned.....
 
And, as promised, a picture of the clapper/point presser my Dad made for me.  I love it!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment