Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Lots of projects


The studio reorganization continues.  I have donated lots of bits and pieces I won't use (books, magazines, fabric), filled a couple of garbage bags with assorted paper and junk, and I'm about halfway through organizing the "keepers".  No photos yet, it's still fairly chaotic.

Yesterday I received Nina's Pink RR Block, and here's how it looks right out of the envelope:



The photograph is actually upside down, you can see there is an upside down heart doily next to the button cluster.  When I rotated the photo to the correct position, it looked out of proportion.  I guess I photographed it a strange angle.  Anyway, it's a really pretty block, and I especially like the silk ribbon rose (top left of this photo) and the bullion roses in variegated pink floss (top right).  I don't know what I'll add.  I usually like to leave these blocks out on my ironing board and study them for a couple of days before I start embellishing.  I did find a tiny handmade doily today at a thrift store, which might work very nicely once I "dye" it with Pebeo Setacolor transparent paints.  Maybe some vintage or vintage-look charms....I'm still auditioning some ideas.

Between my own projects and the CQ group round robin, I've been doing a lot of pink work lately.  Right now I am gathering black and gray fabrics for a crazy quilt to be framed.  I'm thinking black and gray piecing, with a tiny centre piece of bright color in each block.  The stitching, buttons, etc will be in bright colors which (I hope) will "pop" against the dark background.  I hope to document this project start to finish so you can see how I work.  That will be once I finish organizing the studio, and complete a project for a friend (yes, D, I am still working on it).  Looks like it's going to be a busy, happy summer!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a pretty block to work on. I posted your block on the yahoo site. I hope you like it!! Ruby

    ReplyDelete