The studio reorganization continues. I have donated lots of bits and pieces I won't use (books, magazines, fabric), filled a couple of garbage bags with assorted paper and junk, and I'm about halfway through organizing the "keepers". No photos yet, it's still fairly chaotic.
Yesterday I received Nina's Pink RR Block, and here's how it looks right out of the envelope:
The photograph is actually upside down, you can see there is an upside down heart doily next to the button cluster. When I rotated the photo to the correct position, it looked out of proportion. I guess I photographed it a strange angle. Anyway, it's a really pretty block, and I especially like the silk ribbon rose (top left of this photo) and the bullion roses in variegated pink floss (top right). I don't know what I'll add. I usually like to leave these blocks out on my ironing board and study them for a couple of days before I start embellishing. I did find a tiny handmade doily today at a thrift store, which might work very nicely once I "dye" it with Pebeo Setacolor transparent paints. Maybe some vintage or vintage-look charms....I'm still auditioning some ideas.
Between my own projects and the CQ group round robin, I've been doing a lot of pink work lately. Right now I am gathering black and gray fabrics for a crazy quilt to be framed. I'm thinking black and gray piecing, with a tiny centre piece of bright color in each block. The stitching, buttons, etc will be in bright colors which (I hope) will "pop" against the dark background. I hope to document this project start to finish so you can see how I work. That will be once I finish organizing the studio, and complete a project for a friend (yes, D, I am still working on it). Looks like it's going to be a busy, happy summer!