Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Saturday 28 May 2011

My work on Nina's Pink block

Here is my work on Nina's block - it was so much fun to work on, I had to force myself to stop stitching!  

 Picture 1 shows the overall block - I think it is coming together nicely!  Click on any of the pictures for a larger view.

 Picture 2 is a close-up of the fabric flower, the variegated pink fern stitch and the pink crystal beads I added.  The flower is a "silk" flower like you can get at Michaels, for flower arrangements.  I cut off the stem (use wire cutters, it wrecks your scissors!), and pulled out the plastic middle piece.  Then I stitched it down with matching thread and added a pearl center.

Picture 3 is a close-up of one of the pieces of lace I added - it was a thrift store piece of off-white machine lace, which I colored with Setacolor transparent paint in a random pattern.  I added a short row of herringbone stitch at the top corner, and the bottom is finished with rice pearls and embroidery.  In the top right of the block, I added a hand-crocheted doily (also from a thrift store), hand-painted by me.

Next week I really, really plan to show you something that is not pink.  I've got a few things in progress, so once I finish them up I'll grab the camera and show you.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous work, love the hand painted lace. Your stitching is so delicate.

    ReplyDelete