Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Tuesday 20 December 2011

5 more sleeps til Christmas!

It's December 20, and yes, I am ready for Christmas.  It doesn't look like it will be a white Christmas here : (  

I have been doing a bit of piecing, for the 2012 swaps, RRs and challenges on the CQforNewbies group.  These three pieces will be ATCs (Artist Trading Cards, 2 1/2 x 3 1/2").  It's a good challenge to work on such a small scale.



In the middle photo, the fabric in the bottom centre is silver, the camera made it look purple....

We are doing a Celebrate Life challenge.  This is the 10" block I pieced for that:


We are choosing our own themes for this challenge, and mine is Laughter.  Each week for 6 weeks we will receive a challenge stitch to incorporate into our block.  I pieced a gray and black block to represent the difficult year I have had in 2011, and I plan to do the stitches in bright colours to represent the moments of joy and laughter which sustained me during the trials.  I am looking forward to challenging myself with some new stitches and stitch combinations beginning in January.

In March there will be a Spring is Sprung theme Round Robin.  Here is my basic 12"  block for that:



I love the happy colours of this block, and I plan to put some dragonfly beads on here, as well as lots of flowers and perhaps a bird in a nest.  

Tonight is Craft and Chat at the library, so I will be taking along these blocks to baste around the design area, and embroider on the ATCs.  I need to do some repair work on my denim CQ jacket as well, and I'll bring along the Aurora Borealis quilt in case I have time to do some hand quilting on that.  I'm always amazed at how much I can get done in three hours, when I have organized my work ahead of time and I'm away from the distractions of home.

Have a wonderful day, and do something creative this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment