Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Fun website - check it out!

I spent a bit of time today playing with wordle.net   It's a really fun website that takes the text you enter and creates word clouds.  You can then customize the word art by changing the colours (look up hex colors in Google to find a chart of the hexadecimal colour codes - I found one I like at http://www.december.com/html/spec/color.html), layout, font, etc.

To give you an idea what these word clouds look like, here is the first one I created.  I entered the URL of this blog, and it made a wordle of all the words on the blog.  The more often the word is used, the bigger that word appears.


And here's a screenshot of one where I changed the colours and layout, and removed some of the words.




I think this web tool could have lots of applications for mixed media art.  I'd love to hear how YOU would use these word clouds in your art.  Leave a comment!




No comments:

Post a Comment