Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Orange RR Block

Yesterday, I received Toni's Round Robin block.  Here's the "naked" block:




The silky butterfly fabric in the bottom left corner was coming away from the seam, and was beginning to fray.  So the first order of business was to secure the fabric with clear thread.  Later I covered this seam with hand-dyed braid and added a few beads.

This is the block after my work:


And here are a few closeups:


Feather stitch with seed beads.


A small patch on one edge got a simple running stitch variation.



Three shades of orange embroidery floss - cretan stitch, cross stitch, french knots.

This block doesn't need to be mailed out until January, so I am way ahead of the game on this!  But I better get back to those wool felt Christmas trees......

No comments:

Post a Comment