Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Friday 28 February 2014

Non-stick Cookware - It's in the Bag!

Today's project is a quick 'n easy one.  We have about 6 non-stick frypans of various sizes.  To keep them from getting scratched, we have been layering clean rags between them when they are stacked in the cupboard.  This sort of works, but the rags can slip and slide, causing metal to touch the non-stick surface.  So, I decided to try making fabric bags for the pans.

 

 

I started with one small "egg pan".  I put it on a piece of paper and traced around it, leaving a generous 2" margin on all sides.

Using a scrap of polar fleece, I cut out two squares, sewed three sides together with a scant 1/4" seam allowance (I rounded the corners, but it's not necessary) and made a simple bag.
Because polar fleece doesn't ravel, I didn't need to finish the seam allowances.  And here's the egg pan in its "sleeping bag".
I had enough of this polar fleece to make a bag for a second pan.  Because this is for storage in a dark cupboard, I'm not going to worry about making a matching set for all 6. I'll wait until I have more scraps of polar fleece, sweatshirt fleece or terry towelling, and make bags for the remaining pans. But I'm thinking that a storage bag along with a non-stick fry pan would make a nice wedding shower gift!



No comments:

Post a Comment