Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Well, Hello Doily!

I popped into my local thrift store today and found a bag of doilies for $3.  I wasn't sure how many were in there, or what condition they were in, but I can use even damaged textiles in my work.  So I bought the bag.

Imagine my excitement to find 12 doilies, in perfect condition! 
At first I felt a little sad that each piece of handwork, lovingly made by an unknown woman, had sold for 25 cents each.  But I feel happy again knowing that I am not merely collecting these to sit in a drawer.  They will be added to
crazy quilt blocks, jean jackets and other wearable art.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway, to be drawn March 20.  Leave a comment on the March 7th post to enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment