Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Thursday 24 November 2011

15 Minute Day

I have declared today another 15-minute day.  I have lots of small tasks to accomplish, and a long list of cleaning chores in the kitchen, so I've written a to-do list, I've set my timer and will work at each task for 15 minutes without getting sidetracked.  When the timer rings, I change tasks.  Even the dreaded ironing pile is not so bad when tackled 15 minutes at a time.

So, while my dog follows me from room to room to find a place for  12 1/2 minute naps, I will be working steadily at getting the house in order.  I want to get things put away and cleaned up before I pull out the Christmas decorations.  I love decorating for Christmas, so this is a real motivator to get the boring stuff done!

I have one outside decoration up - I embellished these ice skates a couple of weeks ago, and since we have snow, they seemed appropriate.  The glittery foliage was purchased at Michaels and the "presents" are cleaning sponges wrapped with fabric and glued with Mod Podge.  So far they are holding up well to the elements and I love the way this looks!






Well, it's time to go upstairs and reset the timer.  Hope you have a productive day, and don't forget to do something creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment