Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Tuesday 15 November 2011

More craft sale preparations

I am finishing lots of craft sale items this week - including this square canvas, which just makes me smile:


I think I may use this as my Facebook profile picture!

I have one Christmas stocking finished and three more "in process".  Here's the finished one:


And here are a couple of close ups:


The square beads on the red fabric have a lovely aged patina, I wasn't able to capture it in the photograph, but they are quite pretty.  They're Miyuki cube beads.  Japanese beads are so lovely to look at and great to work with.  The "string" of pearly and metallic beads is strung on thin wire, which will support the weight of the beads better, and will last longer than thread.  I hope these Christmas stockings will be family heirlooms, so they need to last for many years.


The toe of the stocking features some hand-dyed rayon lace.  I found a small square of this (white) lace at a thrift store, and I love the way it takes dye.  I used diluted Setacolor transparent paint.  The back of the stocking is recycled fabric from a thrift store dress.  It wouldn't photograph well, but it's a lovely black "crushed velvet" with a green sparkle in it.  Understated with a bit of bling.

On today's to-do list - finish 6 wool felt Christmas trees.  This last link will take you to a tutorial on how to make these.  I am ready to trim and cut the dowels, then glue them in and continue.  I love the way the decorated trees look, so I think they'll be really nice when they're all assembled.

So it's back to work (play) for me!  Thanks again for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment