Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Words

Today as I tackle some long-neglected housekeeping, I am taking short breaks to read my favourite blog ivoryblushroses.blogspot.com  from her first post in 2007, right up until present.  I have been following Lisa's blog for at least a couple of years, but today, as a treat, I am starting at the beginning.

One of the features of her blog that I'd like to "borrow and adapt" (which sounds so much nicer than thievery) is one of the sidebars on the right hand side of her blog.  She has a list of words she likes - words like incandescent, luminous, ethereal.  In one of her early posts she describes her bedroom as a sanctuary.  As I was stripping the bed, decluttering and dusting in our bedroom this morning, I knew that I want our bedroom to be a sanctuary.  So with that theme word in mind, it is easier to decide what to keep, what to get rid of, and what to store away.  It's a small room, and we have a king-sized bed, so space is at a premium. Every magazine picked up off the floor, every bit of dust removed, makes more lovely, clean open space.

I had this wall art made at a sign shop in town - one of the verses of It is Well with my Soul.



This verse may seem a bit odd to display ("why do you have Satan's name in your bedroom?"), but it has been an enormous comfort in the last couple of years, when it seemed that the enemy of my soul was trying to steal all my joy and hope.  To be reminded each night as I go to bed, and each morning as I wake up that "Christ has regarded my helpless estate and has shed His own blood for my soul"!  I've been so aware of my helplessness in just day-to-day living, and even more - my salvation - but I don't have to pretend I'm capable, or try to do better!  Christ sees and knows my helpless estate, and had a plan all along.  So in making our bedroom more of a sanctuary, this art reminds of Christ, my Sanctuary.

It's time to go back to the housework, and I wonder what other Words will come to me as a I clean?  Look for a list of my favourite words on this blog, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment