Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Wednesday 23 November 2011

A new round robin block


The CQ group I belong to has started another round robin - this one is an Orange colour study.  I've never worked with orange before, especially all orange.  This is my basic block, which was mailed to a  lady in Wisconsin today.  The ladies in this group are so talented, I'm sure they can make something lovely out of it.  But I'm still intimidated by orange, and I can't picture how peach, tangerine, rust and pumpkin orange will somehow work together as one cohesive block.  Maybe they will have to entirely cover the fabric with stitching and buttons!

I have some orange buttons, beads and threads ready to add to the blocks I will receive to work on.  I'm going to do my very best to do lovely work, even if I am kinda scared of orange.  I'll post photos as I receive blocks and work on them.

1 comment:

  1. I love these colors!! Can't wait to see it when it's done!

    ReplyDelete