Encrusted CQ class project

Encrusted CQ class project

Monday 21 November 2011

The studio organization continues

Today we made some real progress on setting up my studio!  My husband did a major paperwork sort/purge and has set up his desk downstairs.  As I type this, the filing cabinet is coming downstairs, with his bookshelf to follow.  While he is at work this week, I will continue arranging my furniture and organizing art supplies.  I got this fabric for $5./meter, which will be made into table skirts for the two work tables.  The skirts will velcro on to the tables, and cover up all the items that will be stored underneath.


Great fabric, yes?  And for the first time in this home, my wooden scissors got hung up.  I just love them!


This weekend's craft sale was well attended.....by people who wanted to "borrow" ideas for Christmas decorations and gifts to make.  I wouldn't have minded this so much if more people had been buying.  All the vendors said sales were way down this year.  I am not convinced that this is the way to market my art.  I did have time at the sale to figure out how to finish one of my quilts, and on Sunday purchased the background and backing fabric, batting and quilting thread.  More on that in a future post.

My Etsy shop is in Vacation Mode for a few days, while I rearrange and restock.  It will reopen on Friday. Right now, I'm off to help move a bookshelf downstairs.  Thanks again for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment